Terms and Conditions
The Service Provider = “We”; The Customer = “You”; Debit Finance Collections Plc = “DFC”
Management and Member Responsibilities
We the Service Provider shall provide and manage the services and you undertake to comply with the rules of the Service Provider and with any amendments which may be reasonably introduced in the future.
Membership is open at 18 years old and above
Terms of Your Agreement
Period of Commitment
You are agreeing to subscribe monthly for the services provided by the Service Provider and contracting to remain a subscriber for the minimum period shown overleaf.
Termination of Service
Limited right to cancel
During the minimum period of the agreement you may cancel the agreement only:
- If we materially and continually fail to maintain the standard of service you experienced when joining.
- If we materially alter the operating hours of the services.
- If you develop a medical condition which prevents you from using the services on an ongoing basis. An appropriate medical practitioner must provide written evidence that this is so.
- If you move away from the area by a distance which we consider, at our sole discretion, to be too far to travel to the services for regular use. We shall evidence that such a move has taken place.
If you cancel your subscription during the minimum contracted period, other than in the circumstances set out above, we shall be entitled to a termination payment. The termination payment will be calculated by multiplying the remaining months of your agreement by your monthly subscription rate, less the equivalent of one month’s subscription. If the Termination Payment becomes due it is payable in one amount within 14 days of the day we give you notice. If you fail to pay you will be liable for any reasonable costs we incur in collecting the money from you, including solicitors fees and/or debt collection service fees.
If you miss two payments you will be deemed to have breached your agreement. We, or Debit Finance Collections plc as our agents, may give you notice to terminate the agreement and we shall then be entitled to the termination payment as described above.
Giving notice to terminate
After you have completed the committed subscription period you may terminate the agreement by giving one month’s notice. The notice must be in writing or by e-mail and sent to us or Debit Finance Collection plc.
Collecting your monthly subscriptions
Debit Finance Collections Plc (“DFC”) is our agent for the collection of your monthly subscriptions. DFC will collect your subscription monthly in advance on our behalf by Direct Debit.
If you fail to make a payment on time you will incur the following charges:
- Fail to pay the subscription due date – £10.00
- Fail to pay the missed subscription within 7 days of the date of a reminder – £20.00
- Fail to pay the arrears and accrued charges within 7 days of the final notice – £30.00
All default charges become payable immediately they are incurred.
- Payment other than by Direct Debit – £5.00
- Any cheque returned by your bank – £10.00
DFC is also our agent for serving notice and collecting any Termination Payment which becomes due. Any notice served on you by the terms of this agreement will be deemed to have been delivered to you the next day it is despatched by us, or our agent.
Data Protection Statement
Debit Finance Collections plc always uses information submitted by you (“Information”) in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation. By signing this agreement you confirm your acceptance of the terms of the Data Protection Statement. Debit Finance Collections plc will use information as follows:
- To supply services as requested by you including the transfer of information to employees, agents and third parties as required for this purpose.
- For administration purposes
- To market Debit Finance Collections plc services to you.
Debit Finance Collections plc may also disclose details of your account to a debt collecting agency for collection and tracing purposes. Debit Finance Collections plc may transfer its business assets (which include information) on sale or merger of its business.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you certain rights, including the right to request a copy of your information and to have inaccurate information corrected. Please contact the Data Protection Manager, Debit Finance Collections plc, PO Box 6046, Milton Keynes, MK1 9BA.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
This guarantee should be retained by the payer
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, will notify you 5 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Debit Finance Collections Plc to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Debit Finance Collections Plc or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
– If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when ask you to.
You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.